No mid-sized or large organization can escape the fact that the world is now a 24/7 application and data driven place. There’s no time for downtime any more – whether that’s because your supply chain or customer base spans all the world’s time zones, or you simply need always on security protection, or because your web enabled business is processing information at any time of the day and night.
What underpins your ability to do this of course are data driven applications and the databases that underpin them. But success is also about meeting the business’s demand for analytical decision-making power and intelligent processes, steered by big data. All of this mandates an integrated data and applications infrastructure.
As any good IT manager knows, the payback you get from critical software applications and systems is only as good as the network and database infrastructure underpinning them. So, if keeping the application lights on 24/7 is keeping you awake at night, you may need to rethink your strategy with the help of First Consulting Group. We take a holistic approach to helping you manage your information and database infrastructure more effectively – whether that’s on premise, hosted or a mixture of the two.
WHY INVEST IN APPLICATION INFRASTRUCTURE?
With the IT purse strings under increasing pressure to perform it can be difficult to justify spend, however there are numerous reasons why you should consider investing in turning your application and database infrastructure into a peak performer.
- Performance management – monitoring and analyzing the performance of your critical applications against the business requirement provides essential payback in understanding what weak points and hotspots you need to address.
- Data optimization – data is growing faster than we can keep up with and databases are increasingly complex beasts. Optimized application infrastructures need to be bespoke to an organization’s growing data and information needs.
- Availability – a great application is nothing unless it’s highly available to its users. Ensure that your infrastructure provides flawless support to the business.
- Disaster recovery – ensuring day and night availability under normal conditions is one thing, but keeping your business operational amid a crisis is another. Data must not become a disaster casualty.
- Security – the more that you use data and applications the more open you become to security breaches, so ensuring that your data infrastructure is well constructed, operated and protected is essential to 24/7 availability.
- Moving to the cloud – the decision to move to infrastructure or database as a service is also an opportunity to rethink your infrastructure and database design in order to improve efficiency and performance.
WHY FIRST CONSULTING GROUP’S APPLICATIONS SERVICES?
Organizations need to know that their data and applications are optimized from cradle to grave – that’s why at First Consulting Group we take a holistic approach to helping our clients manage their infrastructures and databases through a range of services. We start by assessing your precise business requirements and mapping the right technology strategy to it. Then our consultants assess feasibility and organizational fit with you, considering different options. And from this we provide an infrastructure transition plan, then setting to work to implement the changes and updates agreed.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Applications consulting, including database readiness, database and data optimization and risk and compliance management
- Managed database and application services – utilizing First Consulting Group’s cloud or your own on premise infrastructure
- On-premise services including application acceleration and building resilient data management and analytics infrastructures
What can First Consulting Group’s application services help you to do?
- Leverage the full value of your application investments by improving availability, security and performance.
- Make data a real asset for your organization, driving competitiveness, responsiveness, agility and growth.
- Reduce your internal DBA staffing and training requirements by accessing our own experts
- Mitigate risk to your data, processes and organizational performance
- Improve customer service, loyalty and reliability
- Reduce capital expenditure by moving to Infrastructure and Database as a Service